23 April 2010

Review: 23.04.10 - The Loving Hut

The Loving Hut

5812 N. Broadway

Chicago, IL 60660

lovinghut.us/Chicago

Every day

11h-14h – Lunch

16h-21h - Dinner

My friend Piotr introduced me to this place. It used to be a vegetarian restaurant named Alice and Friends. Very recently, it joined a global collection of vegan restaurants called Loving Hut (The Palo Alto location in California advertised quite frequently on Go Vegan ! Radio with Bob Linden). The cuisine is pan-asian and offers items such as California roll sushi, Royal Pho, Thai curry and Dol sot bi bim bob, as well as nicely-named items such as Almond joy, mama’s love, home run ball and golden heart. I think this is one of the secrets of vegan dining in Chicago. I’ve been to a few places, but the environment is nice, with quotes about being green and going veg as well as playing Grand Master TV on all televisions in the restaurant.

Looking for TVP ? Tofu dogs and veggie patties are on the menu but only for lunch, at dinner time, they’re no where to be seen. They advertise no dairy, no egg and no MSG (which is nice for someone who gets migraines from MSG).

Craving that piece of dessert at the end of the meal ? No problem, all their desserts are vegan as well and they’re homemade !

When I’ve been there, I’ve had the California roll sushi or the dumplings, Almond Joy, Golden heart or spicy bbq. Everything was excellent and I cannot say enough good things about the food. It came out hot, there was enough wasabi and Ginger for the California rolls, and the spicy bbq… delicious.

I firmly believe that you can take a non-VEGetariAN to The Loving Hut and they will not miss meat. Everything is either tofu, soy protein or seitan.

Very delicious, and not badly priced for the North side. If you’re up that way, or looking for a new place to eat, definitely make it a stop, it’s well worth it.

Oh, and did I mention free WiFi ?

I give it a happy bunny rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment